Calling all Shepherd students and faculty! Before you give out (or chow down) that Halloween candy, put your creativity to the test and enter the Shep Comm “Make a Monster Out of Candy” Contest! Make the most terrifying monster treat out of Halloween’s finest sweets, and you’ll be entered to win an awesome (shhh!) secret prize!
The rules are simple:
1) Build a monster out of candy. Get creative!
2) Snap a photo and post it on Instagram using #shepcommcontest
Submission deadline is midnight, Oct. 30th!
The top creations will go head-to-head in a Twitter poll on October 31st, and YOU will pick the winning monster!
If you need help getting started, here are some tips for creating the spookiest treat:
- Build Up, or Build Flat – Do you want to make a towering 3D creation? Or a candy mosaic? It’s all up to you!
- Frosting is Your Friend – You can use frosting to stick candy pieces together or to add some decoration to your monster creation!
- What About Wrappers? – Candy wrappers may not be delicious, but that doesn’t mean you should throw them away! You can use the wrappers as a cape, a backdrop, or anything else to add some extra flair to your creature.
- Don’t Throw it Out! – This is a good time to make use of your least favorite candies sitting at the bottom of the bowl. If you’re not going to eat it, you might as well make something out of it!
- Get Crazy! – No idea is too weird for this contest! Think outside the box! The most important thing is to have fun (and eat lots of candy).
Good luck, and may the best monster win!